How to Care for an Area Rug
It’s Not the Same as Your Carpet
Your area rug is a statement piece in the room. But you know what’s also making a statement? Those stains and smells that accompany it thanks to spills, dirty shoes, and pet accidents. While it might be tempting to treat your rug the same way you treat your carpeting, there are some differences for how to care for the two.
How to Care for An Area Rug
- Read the Tag: The first thing you should always do is read the tag located on the rug. This will give you specific instructions about what to do and what not to do.
- Vacuum Regularly: It helps pick up some dirt and debris that gets trapped in your rug.
- Use a Rug Pad: A rug pad prevents slipping around that can cause tears in your carpet over time.
- Rotate Your Rug: This helps even out the eventual wearing down that will occur.
- Blot Spills: Instead of pulling out your heavy-duty stain remover when a spill happens, try the most gentle methods possible. Your safest option is to blot up as much of the spill as possible. Even water can make the dyes run and bleed, so test in a covered spot when possible.
Call in a Professional to Clean Your Area Rug
That’s why we’re here! We know just how to care for one of the most sensitive floor spaces in your home. Call us at 844-655-JDOG to schedule a rug cleaning service. We will be there on time and in uniform and won’t stop until your carpet is cleaned to our high standards.