Cleaning Up After the Holiday Hoopla
Tough Stain Removing Techniques
After the last holiday party ends, house guest departs, and cold symptom is recovered, it’s time to get back to the normal routine. While you’re cleaning up the cookie crumbs and sniffled tissues, you may notice a stain that’s now set in one of your surfaces. Don’t panic. There are several tough stain removal techniques you have time to consider.
While the best way of preventing a stain is acting quickly before it sets, sometimes it’s beyond your control. Tackling stubborn stains may seem daunting, but given the right products and techniques there’s still a chance to save your surfaces. From grease to grass on clothes or carpets, here are some tips to keep in mind.
- Identify the type of stain. Proper treatment depends on whether the stain is water-, oil-, or protein-based.
- Remove any excess. Even if you think the stain is set, there could be elements that can be removed before applying any type of cleaning solution. Try not to rub any remaining element into the stain, for obvious reasons.
- Spot clean. Test any cleaning solution in an inconspicuous area before continuing further.
- Follow care instructions. Whether it’s a garment, blanket, or rug, each should have specific instructions on the most effective cleaning solutions.
- Proceed with caution. While certain household items can serve as excellent stain removers, some ingredients should not be combined for safety reasons. Also, some solutions work better on certain types of stains. If the stained item doesn’t come with care instructions, it’s best to consult with a professional stain removal expert.
Even products that claim to be stain-resistant are prone to attract certain tough stains. If you’re considering filing a warranty claim on such an item, you want to be sure to follow any professional cleaning requirements.
Tough Stain Removal Experts
If you’ve tried to remove the stain yourself and it still won’t come out, or you’d rather leave the task to a trained professional, contact JDog Carpet Cleaning & Floor Care. That wine or coffee stain on your couch or carpet is in capable hands with our team of Veterans and Military family members. We’re ready to take on any stain—large or small—with the utmost care and expert strategy.