8 Steps to Clean Your Shower
A Thorough and Efficient Process
Is cleaning your shower one of your least favorite chores? You’re not alone. It doesn’t have to be painful! Learn the steps you can take to clean your shower thoroughly and efficiently without the stress.
Steps to Clean Your Shower
- Identify the grime. You will treat hard water, mold and mildew, and soap scum differently. Figure out what your mess is so you can determine your treatment. Remember, you might be dealing with all types.
- Get your supplies. What type of tile or stone do you have? Not all are able to handle the same cleaning methods. Check with your manufacturer if you aren’t sure. You’ll need your cleaning solutions, a sponge, potentially a bristle brush, and a microfiber towel.
- Tidy or clear items from the shower. Cleaning professionals know it’s not efficient to try to clean a shower if shampoo bottles are littered on the floor and sponges are in the way. Make sure things are in a reasonable place, even if that means taking them out of the shower because you are dealing with harsher chemicals for cleaning.
- Apply the cleaning product(s). They will take time to work, so apply them and wait at least 10 minutes. It’s a great time to wipe down the sinks or clean the toilet!
- Use a sponge to quickly rub down the shower. You don’t need to scrub during this step. Simply use circular motions to begin to lift up the grim.
- Rinse the walls and floor. Is your shower clean, or are there still soiled spots. If it looks good, skip to step eight.
- Address tough spots. Apply more cleaning product and use a more abrasive tool, like a bristle brush, to get the tough spots. No need to wait 10 minutes this time.
- Dry it to keep it streak-free. Once your shower is clean, dry it with a microfiber towel so no residue is left over and you get a beautiful shine without water spots.
Tough Grime? Get Help.
Skip the elbow grease. When you call us, you can expect transparent pricing, on-time service, and our guarantee that we won’t stop cleaning until the job is completed to our high standards. Call the Veterans and Military family members today at 844-GET-JDOG to schedule a tile and grout cleaning service.