8 Kitchen Appliance Cleaning Tips
For a More Efficient Cooking Season
During this time of year, kitchens see a lot of action. Whether you’re cooking for a few or an entire crew, many appliances get used, but how many get properly cleaned? Here are a few kitchen appliance cleaning tips to help ensure the room and tools gets the care and attention it deserves during this hectic season.
Kitchen Appliance Cleaning Tips
Out of all the appliances in your kitchen, how many do you clean on a regular basis? Some may get overlooked, especially if it does the cleaning. However, with a little love, these appliances get the attention they deserve and reward you by working more efficiently. Here are a few appliances you shouldn’t ignore:
- Deep fryer. Grease can build up in cracks and crevices throughout the device. Even if it’s an air fryer and less oil is needed, these appliances should be cleaned after every use.
- Coffee maker. Mineral deposits build up from regular use between filling reservoirs with water and creating steam.
- Dishwasher. Yes, even though these appliances do the cleaning, they should also be cleaned every now and then. Pay close attention to the filter, seal, and latches. Left unchecked, these areas can get dirty and affect the way the dishwasher works.
- Toaster. Crumbs accumulate no matter which type of toaster you use. And if you use it as an oven, other baked-on messes can build up.
- Oven. While most models have a self-clean function, you should also regularly check the level of build-up on the racks and heating elements.
- Microwave. Check the top and sides. Splatters happen.
- Garbage disposal. In order to help it do its job, the blades should be sharpened and area disinfected from time to time.
- Trash can. While liners are supposed to collect most of the mess, wiping out the container and adding a deodorizer goes a long way.
Many of these appliances come with care instructions you can follow for proper care. Sometimes it’s as easy as a regular wipe down with household items such as white vinegar, baking soda, and natural citrus from lemons. However, tougher stains and larger appliances need more attention.
Professional Kitchen Cleaning Services
During this busy time of year, everyone could use a little help around the kitchen. After you’ve done the cooking, leave the cleaning to the pros. Contact JDog Carpet Cleaning & Floor Care for our professional cleaning services that cover everything from tile and grout to disinfecting surfaces. Our team of Veterans and Military family members are dedicated to serving our community with a level of trust and respect we’ve been trained to provide. Call us today at 844-GET-JDOG for a free quote.