Cleaning an Area Rug
What You Need to Know
Your area rug might seem like just another part of the carpeting in your home. It pulls together a room, makes the space more inviting, and looks great under your dining room table. When this flooring is a high-trafficked spot, it’s important to care for it properly. Whether it needs to be refreshed or you’re cleaning up a spill, there are some things you need to know about cleaning your area rug to keep it looking beautiful. Read on to find out.
What You Need to Know About Cleaning an Area Rug
- Read the Tag: The first thing you should always do is read the tag located on the rug. This will give you specific instructions about what to do and what not to do. Be sure to follow the directions to increase the lifespan of your carpet.
- Vacuum Regularly: It helps pick up some dirt and debris that gets trapped in your rug.
- Use a Rug Pad: A rug pad prevents slipping around that can cause tears in your carpet over time.
- Rotate Your Rug: This helps even out the eventual wearing down that will occur.
- Blot Spills: Instead of pulling out your heavy-duty stain remover when a spill happens, try the most gentle methods possible. Your safest option is to blot up as much of the spill as possible. Even water can make the dyes run and bleed, so test in a covered spot when possible.
Call JDog Carpet Cleaning & Floor Care to Clean Your Area Rug.
Your rug needs special attention when being cleaned. The Veterans and Military family members at JDog Carpet Cleaning & Floor Care know just how to clean area rugs. When you call us, you can expect transparent pricing, on-time and respectful service, and we won’t stop cleaning until the job is completed to our high standards. Call us today at 844-GET-JDOG to schedule a service.